Sunday, September 9, 2012

Final Decisions

Lundy Watches...
Deciding which programs to watch and review is a somewhat trying task, as a number of different factors have to be taken into account. There are, however, three main issues that will ultimately decide this reviewer's fate.

The most important factor in deciding which shows to watch is, of course, whatever feedback I earn from the readers. Should someone tell me, either through a comment, a private message, or some other form of communication, that they would like to see a certain show followed through on, that will weigh more heavily on the decision to continue watching than anything else. Knowing that there will be someone that wants to watch along, someone that wants to read my opinions of something they, too, feel strongly about, is a great motivator in giving that series an opportunity.

A more discreet form of reader feedback is the number of page views that a given review receives. Should one review garner 40 views when the others gain only 10, it's more likely that the more popular series would be continued. I want to write something that people will read, and if there's a lack of interest in all but one of the shows I look at, then it's that series that I will continue, regardless of my own feelings toward it.

Finally, it is my own desires that will decide the final schedule. Should it become a very close race between a set of shows, with need for some form of tie-breaker to decide, I will choose whichever series I would rather watch and continue from there. The shows I have taken a look at so far have, of course, been of my own choosing, and there's nothing on the docket that I would not have had an interest in seeing on my own, so it's not often a matter of playing favorites, but one of deciding which might offer the more interesting insights and speculations.

Hopefully readers agree with my decisions and enjoy the work that I put in. Either way, happy viewing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment